Treas 3, 6640
- Rig Bigny, Gnomish Beastmaster
- Flit, bat familiar
- Midnight, Panther
- Noona, Lion
- Faufe Yitaw, Dogwere (Badgerwere?)
- Rawf, Wardog familiar
- Aroof, Wardog familiar
- Llarm Paphyra, Elvish Polydoctorate
- The Metal Man, construct
- Caranthir, Human Leader of Men
- Rhea Trueheart, Elvish Nightblade
- Lucille "Luce" Burwood, Fighter
- Elenora Garrard, White Mage
- Gimli Trollriver, Dwarven Fury
- Laurita Gomez, Priestess
- Herman Thorpe, Ectomancer
- Baelnar Grimtor, Dwarven Sapper
- Herman Thorpe, Ectomancer
- Crolack, Thrassian Gladiator
- Kurt Steinbacke, Dwarven Deep Monk
- Saphira Moonstone, Gold Skinscribe
- Pentzkin Singletossle Pocketspringer, gnomish beastmaster
- Alun Tsornyl, Sylph Ranger
- Aingeal Bàs Eleonara, Witch
The trek to find the Old Gods didn't take as long as they had hoped, so the party spent the rest of the time hanging around a while. Having spent 6 weeks for Saphira to get her tattoos finished, they were ready to go, and decided the next place to visit would be the scattered islands at the south of the large continent.
They headed for the capital city, and found the largest temple they could: a temple of Therapeftis (Thera-pef-tis), goddess of Stability, Healing, and Bedrest. The temperature was brain-meltingly hot - a rarity, but not unknown. After a lovely nap in the cool temple, the party attempted to teleport away... and realized that inside the temple, that was not possible. Outside, they managed to teleport to the other large island. As a note - the priest there spoke Majasten.
There, they eventually found a temple of Moenga Moe, the God of Dreams, the Elderly, and Judges - who owned the bone staff Aingeal tried to swipe. They set up an appointment with an ancient secretary, who asked that they come back that evening, at 1:30 AM.
Killing some time in a shop, they found a few water-based spells, items, and tools. After spending some money, they realized the entire city had a bit of a nautical flair - all the buildings looked like they were built from ships, down to billowing tarps as roofs.
That night, when they returned, they were directed to a large room, full of cots, one each. Falling asleep, they found themselves in a dream, and were soon able to speak directly with Moenga Moe. After filling him in on their adventures, and reassuring him that his staff was safe with Chaos, they asked about other Old Gods. He mused for a moment, then suggested a possible location, deep in the sea...
With the henchmen staying above the water on a lovely raft, the others swam beneath. It didn't take too long until they found the bottom; it was smooth and well-kept. Moments later, a number of mermen arrived, speaking, well, Mer. For a few tense moments, the mermen seemed intent on bringing them to their city, but when someone mentioned and Old God, they were suddenly all smiles. "Oh! Sure, we can take you there!"
Along the way, the four glimpsed shadows in the water - more mermen, at least one of which was riding a giant rockfish!
They lead the four to a steep incline, and pointed down into the murky water. "He's down there. Good luck!" - and with that, went on their way. Sighing, the group swam down into the depths. At the bottom of the incline, they found a hill, about 40 feet across. Crolack swam around it, looking for any possible entrances or portals, and was about to give up... when suddenly, an enormous head shot out! He kicked to the side, and the sharp beak of the enormous turtle slammed shut just inches away. His battle-reflexes kicking in, Crolack swung his sword, jabbing the turtle in the eye!
Realizing that... maybe that wasn't the best idea... Crolack quickly swam towards the others, hoping they could all teleport away. The turtle shook itself, revealing the previously-mud-covered hill was, in fact, its shell - covered in brilliant colors, every patch different! It rumbled, and a spell tore through the water! Only Saphira managed to avoid it - the others found themselves slowed. The turtle - actually the chaotic Old God, the Decorated Tortoise, readied another spell, but Laurita teleported them away, as quickly as her slowed action could.
Sitting on the raft above, miles away, they heard the voice of the tortoise growling at them...
List of Old Gods known and met:
- Lawful Old Gods
- Old Mother, supposedly a six-legged cow, and Goddess of Earth, Strength, and Cattle
- Chaos, God of Order and Intelligence
- Odin, God of Wisdom and...?
- Burli, God of Health, Constitution, and Manliness
- Gyda Dyn (Glance Left, Glance Right), God of Thieves, Conmen, Charisma, and Get Rich Quick Schemes
- Neutral Old Gods:
- Manu, The Hand of God, god of labor, construction, and work ethic
- Hinengaro, God of Mathematics, Science, and Truth-Seeking
- Moenga Moe, God of Dreams, the Elderly, and Judges
- Therapeftis (Thera-pef-tis), goddess of Stability, Healing, and Bedrest
- Chaotic Old Gods
- Wairangi, the Fool, Old God of fools, pigs, and ignorance
- The Decorated Tortoise, Old God of Stubborness, Slowness, and Grumpiness
- Sof Zamd, God of Sand, Feebleness, Heatstroke, and Dehydration
- Additional not-so-old-gods
- Ooze Becky, Cubic Grace, Who Digests The World, goddess of... well, whatever gelatinous cubes are goddesses of
- Görünmez, the Unseen One, god of Invisibility, Minding Your Own Business, and Staying Home.
- XP from Encounters:
- Mermen (none, escaped from)
- Giant Rockfish (pets of the mermen) (none, escaped from)
- XP from treasure: none
- Special XP: 1000 XP to each PC for discovering the Decorated Tortoise
- Special XP: 2000 XP to each PC and 1000 XP to each Henchman present for learning about Therapeftis and speaking with Moenga Moe
- Special XP: 1000 XP for Crolack, for stabbing an Old God in the eye, and living to tell the tale! Also... remind me to tell you about something new and interesting that your weapon can do...