Ochdamh 2 - Naoidheamh 6, 6638; next holiday, Beastnight, 9/25
- Rig Bigny, Gnomish Beastmaster
- Flit, the bat familiar
- Clench, the
- Midnight, the Panther
- Faufe Yitaw, Dogwere (Badgerwere?)
- Rawf, Wardog familiar
- Aroof, Wardog familiar
- Llarm Paphyra, Elvish Polydoctorate
- The Metal Man, construct
- Caranthir, Human Leader of Men
- Rhea Trueheart, Elvish Nightblade
- Lucille "Luce" Burwood, Fighter
- Elenora Garrard, White Mage
- Gróin of Norston, Dwarven Sapper
- Laurita Gomez, Priestess
- Quetgar, Thrassian Assassin
- Zarc, Thrassian Gladiator
- Sorvald, Thief
- Good Question, the Wonderworker
The party bought some supplies at the Guard's Day celebration, then moved on to visit the King, hoping to destroy the Scale in his keeping...
Upon visiting the king, Caranthir noticed Luce was acting strangely. He had a suspicion... and it was confirmed. Luce was, in fact, a princess, the daughter of the king. Hypothetically, she was staying at some resort, but surely that ruse wouldn't last much longer. Her 18th birthday is in January, and quite a lot of important stuff happens then. Caranthir promised to keep her secret.
The king refused to allow them access to the scale. He did, however, mention a quest that may strengthen his trust... a quest to the Queen of the Winter Fey. However, the party was given a letter of passage; no Winter Fey were allowed to harm them, as long as they did not harm any Winter Fey.
Along the way, they met and killed three wyverns, avoided a couple of basilisks, and found an 8 headed Hydra, which Quetgar decided to bomb. While his aim was true, the hydra was, unfortunately, a regenerating hydra! Beheaded in a single round, only a couple rounds later, it sported new noggins, and continued sprouting replacements until it had a total of 12 heads! After many rounds of combat, and a few lucky strikes by the bothersome beast, Caranthir decided to call it a day. He and Quetgar took off, leaving the now 12-headed hydra alive.
The next night, they were attacked by another fearsome creature - a frost salamander! Its intense cold aura injured several of the party, but it was eventually vanquished. Not long after, they came across 16 zombies, trudging wearily through the snow, and ended them quickly. They camped near a village of trolls, but parted peacefully.
- Experience from treasure: none
- Experience from encounters:
- 3 wyverns (4800)
- 2 basilisks (avoided)
812 headed hydra (escaped)
- 1 frost salamander (2100)
- 16 zombies (464)
- Total experience: 7364
- XP per PC: 921
- XP per henchman (excluding those that remained behind): 460
- XP for new players: 64557